SlydePay app is arguably one of the most least known and overlooked digital platforms by Stanbic Bank’s customers.
SlydePay’s invisibility is partly owed to the fact that its name doesn’t have have the word “Stanbic” to it. If it was called Stanbic SlydePay people would notice it when they search for the Stanbic mobile banking app on Google Play store or Apple App store.
Actually, Stanbic’s mobile banking app is another reason why people don’t know about the SlydePay app because it seems like it already fulfills your needs and you don’t need another app.
But unbeknownst to many, SlydePay brings a certain flavour you don’t see in Stanbic’s mobile banking app.
To begin with, the interface is so uncluttered and inviting, which is so appealing to folks like me who are fascinated with aesthetics.
SlydePay is also for people who prefer functionality over looks (aesthetics). You can access all billers and merchants easily from one window with SlydePay.
The cherry on top is the QR code payment option which allows you to make payments by scanning a bar code provided by a merchant.
Its a handy feature that’s fitting with these times where you should avoid touching Point of Sale machines or handling cash.However, there are still few places where you can make QR code payments with SlydePay app. Here are the places:
QR payment technology is still novel in Zimbabwe that’s why there are still few merchants accepting them. But with people minimizing contact in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, soon many merchants will start to accept QR payments.
How to use Stanbic’s SlydePay app
- Download the SlydePay app from Google Play store for Android uswes or Apple App store for iOS users
- After downloading the app, create your profile
- Tap on the SlydePay icon and choose create account
- Enter your personal details which, include;
> Your mobile number
>your chosen Password (minimum 8 characters, should contain at least one capital letter and one number)
>your email address
>your date of Birth
- Tap continue and confirm mobile numberEnter a verification code sent to your mobile number
SlydePay account will be successfully created. Now proceed to link your bank account number
- Tap on add account
- Tap Stanbic Bank ZWL account to add ZWL account
- Enter account name and ZWL account to be added
- Enter the OTP (One Time Password) that has been sent to your mobile/email to proceed
- On the confirmation screen tap “OK” to add account successfully
Login in to SlydePay
- Tap the SlydePay icon and select the sign in option
- Enter your mobile number or select login with email and enter email address
- Enter password and tap login
- SlydePay dashboard is then displayed
How to pay for your goods and services using the SlydePay QR Code
- Log on to Slydepay
- Tap the QR code Icon at the top left corner of your screen
- Scan the QR code
- Enter invoice number or mobile number
- Enter amount to pay
- Tap continue
- Tap pay ZWL
Tell us what you think about SlydePay app in the comments section below.