The EcoCash Foreign Currency wallet (EcoCash FCA) is preferred by many people because it’s friendly and easily accessible than foreign currency bank accounts.
Despite these advantages, many people are still in the dark on how to use this heaven sent wallet. Well, worry no more because I will now give you a detailed guide on how to use the EcoCash FCA wallet. Let’s get into it immediately.
How to access EcoCash FCA
Follow the following steps to access your EcoCash FCA wallet.
- Dial *151# and put your pin. You will be taken to the EcoCash Menu (shown below). Now choose option 7 “Wallet Services”
- Choose option 5, “Multi-currency”
- Choose option 2, “Change Currency”
- Choose option 2, “FCA”
- Confirm by choosing “1”
- You will see an on-screen message telling you that you have successfully activated your EcoCash FCA
Checking if you’ve successfully activated your EcoCash FCA wallet
You can check if your have successfully activated your EcoCash wallet by dialing *151#. After entering your pin the EcoCash FCA wallet Menu has few options than EcoCash FCA Menu of Zim dollars as shown below.
N.B. Don’t forget to switch back to the Zim dollar EcoCash wallet after you’ve finished using the FCA wallet.
How to change money in EcoCash FCA with EcoCash Bureau de change
Through the EcoCash Bureau de change platform, people with EcoCash FCA wallet can convert their foreign currency to Zim dollars on-the-go in just a matter of seconds. Here’s how to do it.
- Dial *150# and you will see the below Menu
- Choose option 1, “Bureau de Change”
- Choose option 1, “USD”
- Enter the amount you want to Zim dollars
- Choose option 1, “RTGS$”
- You will be shown the prevailing rate of exchange before you confirm that you want to convert your foreign currency in the EcoCash FCA. Confirm to convert by choosing “1”
- EcoCash will instantly credit your normal Zim dollar wallet instantly.
How to buy online with EcoCash FCA EcoCash FCA
If you want to use the US dollars in your EcoCash FCA wallet to make online payments here’s how you do it.
- Log onto the EcoCash mobile app
- Select “Wallet services”
- Select “Multi Currency”
- Select “FCA”
- Tap “FCA”
- Enter your EcoCash pin and Tap “Submit”
- You get a notification in your the EcoCash apo telling you that you’ve successfully activated your EcoCash FCA wallet.
After switching to you EcoCash FCA wallet.
- Select “Card Services”
- Select “MasterCard Virtual”
- Generate your Virtual Card Number (VCN) by entering a nickname and tap “Submit”
- You will receive an SMS with your VCN
Lets use an example of paying for a DStv subscription. So after you have received the SMS, here’s how you will make a DStv subscription using EcoCash FCA wallet.
- Now go to www.eazy.dstv.com
- Select “Make Payment”
- Fill in your personal details
- Select “How to pay”
- Select Pay online with pay U
- Enter the VCN, CVV number and expiry date as displayed on the SMS you would have received
- Confirm payment and voila, you will successfully make a DStv subscription.
That’s it folks, if you have more questions concerning the EcoCash FCA, let us know by commenting below.